ELSSA LABORATORY SRL was set up in April 2016 to develop a START_UP by participating in a project at Project Call no. POC-A.1-A.1.2.1-C-2016.
Until now ELSSA
LABORATORY SRL has not had any commercial activity, performing
only scientific research activities to develop applications of
surface engineering techniques based on the use of PLASMA
The activities were carried out within the Project "Laboratory for Electrochemistry and Surface Engineering based on Plasma Electrolysis Surface Techniques" (SMIS Code: 123896, Project Implementation: 1 July 2020 - 30 June 2022, funded by European funds).
ELSSA LABORATORY is equipped with the Electrolytic Plasma Treatment Equipment ELSSALAB composed of:
- Component PE-DEX (Plasma Electrolysis - Experimental Development) consisting of the Electrolytic Plasma Treatment Equipment, which was the basis of a patent application, improved by extending the working modes of the voltage source with the possibility to work as a DC voltage source (FIG.1);
- The PE-IND component (Plasma Electrolysis - industrial applications) which consists of:
- IATTPE (ELECTROLYTIC PLASMA TREATMENT PLANT) for industrial applications of electrolytic plasma processing techniques, which can be computer controlled and can be connected to various cells for electrolytic treatment (FIG.2a);
- PES cell for plasma electrolytic saturation (FIG.2b)
- ELCHEM stand for preliminary treatments (electrodeposition, ionic liquid treatments) and for the evaluation of the electrochemical behavior of structures obtained by electrochemical plasma treatments (FIG.3), based on the PARSTAT 4000A Potentiostat / Galvanostat System with facilities for corrosion tests and EIS - Electrochemical Impedance Spectroscopy, booster for expanding the range of voltages and currents available and facilities for measuring ultra-low currents.
FIG.1. Component PE-DEX (Plasma Electrolysis - Experimental Development)
a) IATTPE (ELECTROLYTIC PLASMA TREATMENT PLANT) for industrial applications of electrolytic plasma processing techniques
b) PES cell for plasma electrolytic saturation
FIG.2. The PE-IND component (Plasma Electrolysis - industrial applications): a)Instalația IATTPE; b) Celula PES
FIG.3. ELCHEM stand
PARSTAT 4000A Potentiostat / Galvanostat System with facilities for corrosion tests and EIS - Electrochemical Impedance Spectroscopy, booster for expanding the range of voltages and currents available and facilities for measuring ultra-low currents
We want to establish partnerships on economic principles for research and development activities in the field of Surface Engineering.
We have a partnership with the
Institute of Multidisciplinary Research for Science and
Technology “VALAHIA” University in Targoviste.
We are looking for partners in research projects for the development of applications of Plasma Electrolysis techniques in areas such as:
• Materials for nuclear
• Materials for the automotive industry;
• Biocompatible materials for medical devices like ortophaedic and dental implants (Biotechnology for health, medicine and related industries);
• Other applications of PLASMA ELECTROLYSIS techniques.